Many people believe that women make better parents than men and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies. Others claim that men are just as good as women at parenting.
Write an essay expressing your point of view.
Give reasons for your answers and provide relevant example and experience you might have.
Write at least 250 words.
Parental responsibilities and roles are very important for the parents to make their children prepared for the future. The way a father or mother treats a child affects greatly for his/her future growth both mentally and physically. If parents fail to take great care of their children, then those children might go astray and will claim their parents for their misfortune. Every mother and father love his or her children more than anything in this world and they expect them to be great persons and well established in future. Throughout the human history, mothers mainly take care of the children and do most of the works for the children. On the contrary, men are mainly busy outside the home to earn the living for the whole family.
This is not to say that men are not of importance in children caring and they do not know their kids. They are most necessary if children are to appreciate fully the roles of both sexes. But women have proven themselves superior parents as a result of their condition, their less aggressive natures and they are generally better to communicate with kids. Men remain busy at their works and have to stay outside the home most of the time, but women have lots of spare times to share with their children. From the time they are little girls, females learn about nurturing. First with dolls and later perhaps with younger brothers and sisters; girls are given the role of career. Girls see their mothers in the same roles and so it is natural that they identify this as a female activity. Boys, in contrast, learn competitive roles far removed from what it means to nurture. While boys may dream of adventures, girls’ conditioning means they tend to see the future in terms of raising families. Girls also appear to be less aggressive than boys. In adulthood, it is men, not women, who prove to be the aggressors in crime and in war. Obviously, in raising children, a more patient, gentle manner is preferable than a more aggressive one. Although there certainly exists gentlemen and aggressive women, by and large, females are less likely to resort to violence in attempting to solve problems.
But if we consider that all women are good for their children and men can not raise a kid properly then perhaps it would be a partial judgment. Is not there any family where the mother has died or not present and it is the father who takes care of the children as well as does jobs outside? Certainly, there are lots. In third world countries, fathers are comparatively more educated than the mothers and the take care of their children’s education greatly. A child needs the affection and caring of both father and mother.
Idea Generation for this IELTS Essay:
Essay Type: Opinion Essay.
Main question of this IELTS Essay:
A. Do women make better parents than men or men are just as good as women at parenting?
Discussion Points: Who can be the better parent? Men or Women?
Women are better than men at parenting:
- Mothers have a closer sensational relationship to their offspring than fathers because of a better bonding between them and their children.
- Women usually spend more time with their children than men because, in many countries, they are usually less engaged in working.
- Genetically women can be socially active and communicate better with their surrounding than the men can.
- As a role of mother, mothers can transfer their experience to their daughters to become perfect mothers in the future.
- A child spends most of the times, it’s childhood with the mother and thus mothers have a better understanding of their offspring.
- Genetically mothers have better quality in taking care of their children.
Men are better than women at parenting:
- Men have been more responsible to their family financially, so they can transfer their experience to their children far better than the women can.
- Males’ hormones help better them to be more flexible to difficult situations happening in their real life, and they can transfer their experience to their boys.
- Fathers are usually more serious in punishing of their children than mothers, so they can control better their children to avoid crime.
- In many societies, fathers have better educational qualifications and diverse experience. That’s why they can better prepare their children for the future.
- A father makes future of the child financially secure.
- Men’s contribution to a child’s development is found to be more effective when it comes to imbibing discipline.
Men and women have equal role to raise their children:
- A kid needs the affection and caring of both father and mother.
- While mothers take care of their children, fathers work outside to bring the money home.
- They both have qualities that should be learned by their kids.
- In many families, both parents work outside and that’s why the responsibilities of upbringing children should be equally shared.
Mother and father both play a crucial role in the upbringing of children. Some people assert that women triumph over men to make better parents. In contrary to this, others claim that men are as good as women in parenting. This is very perplexing for anyone to choose one. According to me, women make better parents.
In support of my point of view, a mother is one of the first persons who gets attached to the child from the birth. A child spends most of his time, his childhood with the mother. So a child is more influenced by the mother. Secondly, a mother is the only person who takes all sorts of care of the child, like- feeding, bathing etc. Thus, mother occupies most of the child’s time. This makes a strong bond between them. When a child becomes a little older and starts to go school, a mother takes care of that child’s study, homework, assignment, projects etc. By this, a mother plays a crucial role in a child’s education. In addition, a child learns moral values which are main ingredients to become good human from the mother.
In our society, usually we find that women spend most of the time at home and men are only breadwinners. In this type of situation, the person who can spend a chunk of the time for the nourishment of a child is a woman. Thus, women can keep her eyes on every small activity of children. Apart from that, owing to closer relationship children’s shares it’s emotions and problems with the mother first. Thus, mother knows her child better than anyone.
On the flip side, to maintain the status of men, they argue that men are as good as women. In spite of spending less time with the child a man earn for his child. A father makes future of the child financially secure. As financial security is as important as building child’s personality.
To conclude, both women and men are equally important. But in our society women are superior to men in better parenting as they rear child very well.
In order to be a great human being in future, a child should be raised with great moral standards at home. The topic whether women or men get a major role in raising the children is a huge debate nowadays. I think both of the parents share equal credit in raising kids. Let’s ponder on the advantages on both sides.
After looking at advantages from both sides of the argument, I conclude that both men and women share equal proportion in raising the children. Even if the proportion is not balanced, there will be a huge impact on the children. So both father and mothers hold a major role in the family.
(Written by Abhi Keerthan )